Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day Party and Dishtowel Favors

Every year my sister and her family hosts an annual Memorial Day party. It is always a fun get-together, and this year was no exception. We had gorgeous weather which allowed for my nephew, Brian, to do all the grilling. A net was also set up for volleyball and badminton. Everyone who attends the party brings a dish. I took the easy way out this year and brought potato chips and baked beans....I much prefer making the party favors for events such as this, so this year, I decided that a patriotic dishtowel would be useful and pretty. I made little cards to go along with the towels. I was informed that each year I have to "top" the previous year, ha. At least with the favors, I have plenty of time to make them advance and not have to scramble to make an impressive dish to pass!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this design. It really made a nice towel!!

Britta Swiderski said...

Hey! Thanks for your super sweet comment on my blog. The stamp is a studio G one, I'm pretty sure, but I might have picked it up at archiver's. I can't remember for the life of me!