Saturday, March 11, 2017

Papertrey Ink Packaging challenge

Part of the Papertrey Ink's anniversary celebration includes challenges. I decided to participate in the Packaging Challenge

I had about 20 minutes to embroider a dishtowel and package it up to gift to a friend. Luckily I have a commercial embroidery machine, so I set the file up, hooped my towel and put it on the machine to stitch out my friend's name. (The towel was a Threshold flour sack towel from Target, which had a 2017 calendar on it as well as a graphic print that matched well to the succulents on the tag). Then I quickly made a tag. I used the PTI Succulents Paper pack. I trimmed off the edge of a large graphic piece, and stamped Enjoy, Friend onto the tag, using Bitty Bouquet stamp set. I rolled and tied the embroidered towel, and put it into a cellophane bag, and tied the tag onto the bag. Fast and simple. I package almost all my stuff in cellophane bags for gift-giving. 

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Baby Gifts

My niece is having twins. For her baby shower, I made burp cloths from the Moda line of fabric called Farm Fun. This is the fabric that she is using to decorate the nursery with its farm theme. The fabric line also has a panel of farm animals with pockets that hold 2 I thought that was perfect for the twins! The embroidered farm animals are from the Anita Goodesign farm set. I also included a dozen or so flannel burp cloths...can never have too many of those! 

Friday, February 10, 2017

Baby Shower for Twins

There is a baby shower this Sunday for my niece and her twins who are due in April. These are the cards that myself and my daughters will be giving to her. 

I have always loved the On The Farm Set. And the theme that my niece chose for her twins' nursery is "farm" I thought that these would be very appropriate cards to put with the shower gift! I was very happy with how they turned out. 

Monday, January 16, 2017

December Baby Shower Gifts

I made some cute burp cloths for a recent baby shower, and now I am once again sewing burp cloths for a baby shower for twins next month. The cloths are sporting some labels I had made...I got the idea from the blog. The embroidered elephant is a design from Strawberry Stitch. Fabrics are the Riley Blake Vintage Daydream line. Flannels for the shaped burp cloths were ordered from

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Papertrey Ink, Create Along With Us, September

There sure were a lot of wonderful new stamps and dies this month from Papertrey Ink. I especially loved What the Doodle: Ornament, and the Christmas Faith Stamps and dies. My order is on its way and I can't wait to dive into some fun new stuff. This card by Heather Nichols appealed to me because of the use of a watercolored background, and I just love the dove stamp and die.

I had not previously done the emboss resist, so this was a new technique to try. My dove stamp was cut out of fun foam (a Sizzix die cut that I scaled down) which I stamped in the Versamark Ink and then heat embossed with PTI white powder. The sentiment is from PTI Warmest Wishes. After the white embossing dried, I watercolored with Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse, and some olive watercolor paint. I didn't wait long enough for that to all dry, and so when I stamped the stars, they kind of ran a bit. The stars were from Scene It: Celebration. The olive branch is from Tinsel & Tags: Sprigs. I used the PTI Ric Rac die to do the edge, and then adhered it to a Kraft card base, tying the side with the PTI twine.  I couldn't resist adding some black pen at the tail feathers. Not sure I should have done that! Here is how mine turned out:

Monday, August 15, 2016

Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us, August

I am participating in the Create With Us challenge issued by Papertrey Ink this month. A card that really struck me as having perfect colors and composition was this card by Amy Sheffer.

My card doesn't look quite so blah in real life...It was a dark and rainy day today, and photographic conditions were not so good!

I love the Twig Wreath set that Amy used, but do not have it yet. Instead, I used a jar lid to create the base of my wreath. I just rubbed the ink cubes on the rim of the lid in various greens and "stamped" and twisted to form the basic wreath shape. Then I used a black pigma pen to draw in some little leaves. My pumpkin basket is the PTI Vintage Picnic Stamp set from a number of years ago. I diecut the basket, stamped with the new Cocoa Bean and popped it up; the pumkins are stamped directly to the watercolor panel and painted with watercolors. The sentiment is made with the Scripted Die, using silver cardstock. A little piece of blue chickenscratch paper is on top.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Papertrey's Create Along With Us

There were so many beautiful cards showcased by the PTI design team for the June release. I especially liked this card which was created by Betsy Veldman.

I decided to make a card for the PTI challenge, Create Along With Us. 

This is a sympathy card to send to my good friend who just lost her brother-in-law. I realize that it is not really a typical sympathy card, but I wanted it to be an uplifting card. 

The set that Betsy Veldman created "What the Doodle: Sun" is very stunning. Her card which uses the sun as a sunflower is so lovely. I decided to draw a version of her sun and cut it out. Let's just say I will be really glad when my PTI goodies arrive and I can stamp and diecut this design! It was time consuming to sketch, watercolor and fussy cut the sunflower. I then used the PTI Scribbled Circles Die to represent the leaves or greenery behind the flower. These are adhered to the PTI Quilted Tag Die. I loved the Aqua Mist that Betsy watercolored onto her background, so I did that, too. The tag is then mounted on an Ombre Stripes patterned paper. The sentiment is from the Super Succulents stamp set. 

Here is my card.