Monday, August 15, 2016

Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us, August

I am participating in the Create With Us challenge issued by Papertrey Ink this month. A card that really struck me as having perfect colors and composition was this card by Amy Sheffer.



My card doesn't look quite so blah in real life...It was a dark and rainy day today, and photographic conditions were not so good!


I love the Twig Wreath set that Amy used, but do not have it yet. Instead, I used a jar lid to create the base of my wreath. I just rubbed the ink cubes on the rim of the lid in various greens and "stamped" and twisted to form the basic wreath shape. Then I used a black pigma pen to draw in some little leaves. My pumpkin basket is the PTI Vintage Picnic Stamp set from a number of years ago. I diecut the basket, stamped with the new Cocoa Bean and popped it up; the pumkins are stamped directly to the watercolor panel and painted with watercolors. The sentiment is made with the Scripted Die, using silver cardstock. A little piece of blue chickenscratch paper is on top.



8 comments:

Barb Kirkwood said...

Darling card. Your take is perfect- love that basket

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful wreath you created - so soft and delicate. Love your card, it's so warm and homey!

Mary Gunn FUNN said...

Really cute cards - they stand out!

Amy Sheffer said...

I'm so honored by your CASE! Thank you! I love the picnic basket and the way you did your wreath. So clever!

Marybeth said...

What a beautiful card to CASE! Your version is just as lovely you did a great job awesome card!

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE how you made your wreath using a jar lid and inking it up...very clever! And your basket of beautifully colored pumpkins is just delightful! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. I would have never thought of using a jar lid to make the wreath. It really looks like a stamp of a wreath. I love the baskets with the pumpkins. Really cute.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

This turned out awesome!